calimero
Hello Guest! Please sign in or register!

Author Topic: America's trade war hiding behind sanctions .  (Read 658 times)

coffejohn

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 251
  • -Received: 659
  • John Hawkins, retired canal boat builder.
Re: America's trade war hiding behind sanctions .
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 21:40 »
Go solar, go slow.

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 987
  • -Received: 563
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 23:58 »
Nuclear weapons are used to rule, If the EU cannot rely on the US then it must develop it`s own or be intimidated or ruled?

As I said, the dependency would be more mutual . In normal times maybe but in times of tension the Russians could throttle your energy and intimidate you with their nukes.

It seems to me that you are putting trade before security; you are putting Germany and the EU at risk for a few roubles.
An accusation, insulting in its clearness. I plead in any case "not guilty". You open a deceptive black / white and good / evil thinking.There are not the good nuclear weapons that protect us, and the evil nuclear weapons that threaten us . Every threatens and protects us . Without Russian nuclear weapons , I would not trust the American . This is also true vice versa . The use of nuclear weapons resembles the use of hand grenades in close combat . It is much too tight for it and no one can win ! And America will not leave its power and influence in Europe simply to the Russians, because that is not in the American interest . No reason for gratitude, this power is abused . With power and influence it is like with nuclear weapons . If the has only one, it is the worst .
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 00:06 by selber »

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 01:06 »
Cash or card sir?
Americans with card . Americans buy everything with card . Private debt has again reached 13 trillion . Americans can buy a car on credit without having a cent in their pocket . As safety, the new value of the car serves, although everyone knows how quickly the disappears . With mortgages it is just the same - who can not pay get a new loan with which the old is paid . Nothing learned from the financial crisis . The banks are pushing with so many virtual billions that it does not matter . Probably they think again to find a way that pays the world for it - like the Mexicans the wall . And because you talk so laissez-faire of a few rubles - have money or not is responsible for all the mess in the world.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 01:30 by selber »

coffejohn

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2017, 17:07 »
An accusation, insulting in its clearness. I plead in any case "not guilty". You open a deceptive black / white and good / evil thinking.There are not the good nuclear weapons that protect us, and the evil nuclear weapons that threaten us .-----

I offer neither accusation nor insult; just common sense and clear judgment, I hope.

If, as seems likely, the USA cannot be relied upon to use it`s full military might to fulfill it`s NATO obligations then the EU must develop a capability to match Russia or accept a subservient position to Russia.

I fail to understand your opposition to this statement unless you think that Germany can form a non aggression pact with Russia; if so then I would refer you to past attempts to do so.
Go solar, go slow.

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2017, 17:28 »
I offer neither accusation nor insult; just common sense and clear judgment, I hope.

If, as seems likely, the USA cannot be relied upon to use it`s full military might to fulfill it`s NATO obligations then the EU must develop a capability to match Russia or accept a subservient position to Russia.

I fail to understand your opposition to this statement unless you think that Germany can form a non aggression pact with Russia; if so then I would refer you to past attempts to do so.
We do not have the world of yesterday . Not important to conquer countries , you can master them without that . Today is conquered with money, not with weapons . Russia is the largest country in the world, and 150 million Russians have enough to do to control it. Russia's men die early and there are fewer children than in Germany. Russia has very different problems. Forget Abel and Cain. Forget history , it's history - over .
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 17:40 by selber »

coffejohn

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 18:06 »
Forget history , it's history - over .

To misquote Mark Twain, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated". :)

Go solar, go slow.