calimero
Hello Guest! Please sign in or register!

Author Topic: China’s race to conquer World markets  (Read 1257 times)

Atlantis

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 148
  • -Received: 337
China’s race to conquer World markets
« on: January 09, 2014, 19:13 »
This article of the English language version of Spon explains China’s race to conquer World markets with the help of Western know-how.

The name Haier, a leading Chinese brand for household goods, originates from Liebherr, the German company that set up a joint venture with a Chinese company almost three decades ago. Liebherr taught its partner to build modern fridges. …
… The company from the eastern Chinese city of Qingdao has established itself as a global consumer brand. It has become a serious competitor for Western companies, even in their home markets.

… German firms must take care or they might find themselves as overwhelmed as they were by the assault by Japanese camera manufacturers decades ago.

…"Chinese Champions." Chinese firms already produce high tech products that meet the highest standards, …

Pearl River Piano, now the world's biggest piano maker, had Yamaha. Half a century ago the company from the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou made just four pianos a month. Now it's 100,000. The company has a 15 percent market share in Europe. That was thanks to Yamaha. …

But Pearl River Piano has been shedding its budget image. In 2005, it entered a cooperation with Steinway & Sons and now builds Essex brand pianos in Guangzhou for the premium American manufacturer. …

Germany is an important focus of the Chinese offensive because it has scores of medium-sized businesses with valuable knowhow. Sany Group, the world's biggest construction machinery maker, bought German concrete pump builder Putzmeister for €525 million in 2012.

The next aim is to build world-class cars. But the Chinese first need to work on the quality of their vehicles. They have already selected a German teacher: Daimler recently took a stake in BAIC, the car division of Beijing Automotive Group. …

So much for the popular version presented by the Western media.

Here is the introductory page to the presentation of the ‘Chinese Champions’ from the Technical University of Munich and here is the PDF file of the study on the Chinese Champions. The pages are not up to date. Last year, the Chinese have for the first time filed more patents than US Americans with more than half a million patent applications in one year.

Frenchmilanese

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 6
Re: China’s race to conquer World markets
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 21:30 »
This article of the English language version of Spon explains China’s race to conquer World markets with the help of Western know-how.
Il est certain qu'en s'appropriant le savoir-faire occidental tout en continuant à faire travailler les ouvriers 12 heures par jour pour 150 €/mois l'invasion mondiale de produits chinois n'est pas prete de s'arreter. Quelle plaie !  >:(

socrates

• Administrator
  • Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1774
  • -Received: 896
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 21:52 »

Some more data in this direction: Xiaomi's sales up 160% in 2013 and expected again up to double in 2014.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2014/01/02/smartphone-maker-xiaomis-sales-more-than-doubled-in-2013/

They are moving forward in quality, technology and... even coolness factor, as I perceive from my near environment.

Atlantis

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 148
  • -Received: 337
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 23:08 »
They are moving forward in quality, technology and... even coolness factor, as I perceive from my near environment.

The mobile phone market will be shared between China, Korea and Japan. The West can go on retirement.

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1024
  • -Received: 577
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 14:50 »
I write to an old topic, which is always up to date. Who conquers markets is considered the winner. But anyone who has a market that nobody has conquered is definitely a loser,  ask people in the third world. Being a market identifies the winner.

coffejohn

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 273
  • -Received: 701
  • John Hawkins, retired canal boat builder.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 19:53 »
I write to an old topic, which is always up to date. Who conquers markets is considered the winner. But anyone who has a market that nobody has conquered is definitely a loser,  ask people in the third world. Being a market identifies the winner.

It`s pleasant to see Atlantis back on the forum; I fear he is no longer with us and remember his rants against me with pleasure.

I am not sure he is correct; I never was, to his annoyance. I recall that Japan was seen as the unbeatable competitor when I was younger, now it is Germany and china.

We shall see how this matter develops.
Go solar, go slow.