calimero
Hello Guest! Please sign in or register!

Author Topic: Elections in Germany  (Read 877 times)

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 987
  • -Received: 563
Re: Elections in Germany 17
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 22:11 »
94 sièges pour l'A.F.D., c'est un sacré score !
You're not really happy, do you ? The success of the AFD is a clearly heard protest . That was the goal of the voters . The AFD will have little political influence, but the big ones feel their losses painfully . Merkel does not remain the safe Chancellor . The SPD had the worst result of its post-war history and is no longer available for a coalition . Merkel's only option is a coalition with the FDP and the Grünen  . Although Schulz says Merkel is ready for any concession , the FDP and the Grünen are like fire and water . A concession to the one is the other's displeasure . It is questionable whether such a coalition succeeds, and if it succeeds it is questionable how long it holds . Merkel's end comes faster than expected . What makes me happy about this coalition is that  Christian Lindner, chairman of the FDP,  gave Macron's reform plans ,especially the European Ministry of Finance , a clear denial . A French journalist questioned him . But here again the stark contrast with the Grünen - these want to support Macron . I lack the imagination to imagine how these two can be united in a coalition .
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 22:19 by selber »

coffejohn

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 251
  • -Received: 659
  • John Hawkins, retired canal boat builder.
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 23:48 »
-- Merkel does not remain the safe Chancellor .--.

I have never seem Merkel as "safe"; indeed I would call her dominance of Germany and by extension Europe as damaging. She has, to my mind, led Germany into dominating the EU in a way which is not only detrimental to the EU`s existence but damaging to Germany`s reputation.

Now that she cannot manipulate EU policy at will the other members may step up to the mark and accept their responsibility in shaping Europe; rather than passing the buck to Germany and then complaining when they dislike the results of their cowardice.

I noticed a comment by a respected German politician saying that he welcomed Merkel`s predicament as it would break the dead hand of German grand coalition politics; opening the way for new ideas and players.

Go solar, go slow.

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2017, 04:08 »
I have never seem Merkel as "safe"; indeed I would call her dominance of Germany and by extension Europe as damaging. She has, to my mind, led Germany into dominating the EU in a way which is not only detrimental to the EU`s existence but damaging to Germany`s reputation.

This is simply wrong. The ship euro had serious deficiencies fom the very first day on . The huge trade deficits of some countries have to be financed . Do not deny it , argue for me who finances these deficits - but they are financed . Americans finance their trade deficit with the money that comes from their investments around the world. How are the crisis countries to finance their deficits ? Simple answer - they do not do it at all . The target numbers testify . This is the big leak that no one can and wants to stuff . Some economies in the euro area will always be in deficit , and the Germans simply do not want to see these deficits endlessly expanded . We do not want expand the transferunion . The French and many Crisis countries want expand the transferunion , always new joint coffers . This is the basic conflict , and it can not be solved by mutual agreement . All blame, who allegedly leads Europe is only political propaganda . Refusing the expansion of the transferunion has nothing to do with leading .
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:13 by selber »

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2017, 04:20 »

Now that she cannot manipulate EU policy at will the other members may step up to the mark and accept their responsibility in shaping Europe; rather than passing the buck to Germany and then complaining when they dislike the results of their cowardice.

I noticed a comment by a respected German politician saying that he welcomed Merkel`s predicament as it would break the dead hand of German grand coalition politics; opening the way for new ideas and players.
This is true . But in the past few years , the Parliament was not the place for debates . There was no visible opposition . Everything was approved as without alternative . That is why the AFD also called itself an alternative for Germany ( Alternative für Deutschland ) .

coffejohn

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 00:28 »
This is true . But in the past few years , the Parliament was not the place for debates . There was no visible opposition . Everything was approved as without alternative . That is why the AFD also called itself an alternative for Germany ( Alternative für Deutschland ) .

I found the AFD leaders statement that they would "hunt down merkel" strange; Frauke Petry seems to share my view. How do you see this?
Go solar, go slow.

coffejohn

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2017, 00:35 »
--The French and many Crisis countries want expand the transferunion , always new joint coffers . This is the basic conflict , and it can not be solved by mutual agreement . All blame, who allegedly leads Europe is only political propaganda . Refusing the expansion of the transferunion has nothing to do with leading .

You can lead from the rear as well as the front; it`s also safer, ask any army general.  :)

As I wrote, "Now that she cannot manipulate EU policy at will the other members may step up to the mark and accept their responsibility in shaping Europe; rather than passing the buck to Germany and then complaining when they dislike the results of their cowardice."

Now Germany cannot be expected to lead the EU. Macron seems keen to take on the challenge so why not give him a chance?

Go solar, go slow.

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2017, 00:58 »
You can lead from the rear as well as the front; it`s also safer, ask any army general.  :)

Yes , but if the in front try to pull you , and you try to resist like a stubborn donkey has this  nothing to do with leadership .  ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:22 by selber »

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2017, 01:18 »
I found the AFD leaders statement that they would "hunt down merkel" strange; Frauke Petry seems to share my view. How do you see this?
Just like you . Petry will leave the party. The AFD often provoked, but was also provoked to provoke . The media and the AFD rocked each other . The AFD has benefited - as with a diva - there is no bad publicity . This was the only way to be heard, but now with 96 seats in Bundestag the AFD should find other ways . They do not seem to have understood that . Petry lost a power struggle about half a year ago when she wanted to throw Björn Höcke, the chairman of the Thuringian AFD, out of the party . If now such as Petry go, and she is not the first, the party will not be selectable. That was also not the case with Petry, many chose AFD as a protest, against the status quo, but not for the AFD.

coffejohn

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2017, 01:40 »
Yes , but if the in front try to pull you , and you try to resist like a stubborn donkey has this  nothing to do with leadership .  ;)

Yes. :)
Go solar, go slow.

coffejohn

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2017, 01:42 »
Just like you . Petry will leave the party. The AFD often provoked, but was also provoked to provoke . The media and the AFD rocked each other . The AFD has benefited - as with a diva - there is no bad publicity . This was the only way to be heard, but now with 96 seats in Bundestag the AFD should find other ways . They do not seem to have understood that . Petry lost a power struggle about half a year ago when she wanted to throw Björn Höcke, the chairman of the Thuringian AFD, out of the party . If now such as Petry go, and she is not the first, the party will not be selectable. That was also not the case with Petry, many chose AFD as a protest, against the status quo, but not for the AFD.

Like Farage in the UK`s UKIP.
Go solar, go slow.

Lugdu

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1175
  • -Received: 682
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOCucJw7iT8
Re: Elections in Germany
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2017, 19:55 »
@selber
Mais vous êtes encore en élections ?? :-)

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
Re: Elections in Germany
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2017, 00:45 »
@selber
Mais vous êtes encore en élections ?? :-)
Yes , in Lower Saxony . In Germany every four years there are federal elections, where the government is elected for the whole country . And in 15 federal states every four years are regional elections, where the government of the regions is elected . These are 16 elections in 4 years, which do not occur at the same time . The regional governments all together form the Federal Council . The Federal Council can reject laws which have been issued by the Federal Government. Thus a regional election , if it changes the majority in the Federal Council, can influence the whole country .