calimero
Hello Guest! Please sign in or register!

Author Topic: European public sphere and Presseurop  (Read 5123 times)

Atlantis

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 148
  • -Received: 337
Re: European public sphere and Presseurop
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2014, 21:31 »
They did it again a few minutes ago. Another post by Atlantis.

:D

Can somebody explain to me what this tweet thing is all about and how it works? Whenever I see tweets somewhere, they seem to consist of short incomplete phrases of a few words that don't seem to make much sense. Would I see more if I subscribed to this tweed thing? What is the point of retweeting the same over and over again?

Conti

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 967
  • -Received: 1395
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2014, 22:11 »
Can somebody explain to me what this tweet thing is all about and how it works? Whenever I see tweets somewhere, they seem to consist of short incomplete phrases of a few words that don't seem to make much sense. Would I see more if I subscribed to this tweed thing? What is the point of retweeting the same over and over again?

Tweets are short regardless of whether you have a Twitter account.

Getting started with Twitter

What someone tweets is sent to his followers. If any of the followers retweets the message, it is sent to the followers of the retweeter and so on. I tell something to my listeners, then each of them repeats (retweets) what I said to his own listeners, etc.
<object width="640" height="385"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mr9T-943BnE&fs=1&start="></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mr9T-943BnE&fs=1&start=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

Lugdu

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1164
  • -Received: 676
Re: Presseurop and EuroTopics
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, 22:49 »
Loss of Presseurop mitigated by EuroTopics

Ian Thomson talks about Presseurop and EuroTopics.
Ce qui me surprend dans ce que dit I.Thomson, est que si l'audience de PressEurop était faible, comment a-t-on recueilli plus de 7 000 signatures en si peu de temps ? Les gens n'ont pas signé pour le plaisir de participer à une pétition ?

Atlantis

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 148
  • -Received: 337
Re: Presseurop and EuroTopics
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2014, 01:07 »
Ce qui me surprend dans ce que dit I.Thomson, est que si l'audience de PressEurop était faible, comment a-t-on recueilli plus de 7 000 signatures en si peu de temps ? Les gens n'ont pas signé pour le plaisir de participer à une pétition ?

Compared to other online publications, even 7,000 isn't an awful lot. I should think that The Guardian, Le Monde or Der Spiegel have far more.

Conti

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 967
  • -Received: 1395
Peter Spiegel: "Media did not exacerbate the crisis"
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 12:59 »

Peter Spiegel: "Media did not exacerbate the crisis"

Euro Crisis in the Press continues to ask influential analysts and commentators throughout Europe about their views on the multifaceted crisis facing Europe. In today’s interview Peter Spiegel, the Financial Times’ Brussels bureau chief, talks to us about the key dimensions of the crisis. He suggests that many aspects of the crisis have flown from an institutional failure, and rejects the view that media coverage exacerbated the crisis, pointing out that there has been much excellent journalism.

From the blog Euro Crisis in the Press of the London School of Economics
<object width="640" height="385"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mr9T-943BnE&fs=1&start="></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mr9T-943BnE&fs=1&start=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 968
  • -Received: 549
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2017, 15:40 »
Was the bias conscious and deliberate? Generally speaking, do you think it is possible to discuss controversial subjects across borders without causing nationalism and hard feelings among participants?
Bias is never conscious, neither my own. People are constantly confronted with new, and bias is better than no judgment. Bias also grows from experience.

selber

• Super-Hero Member
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 968
  • -Received: 549
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2017, 10:06 »
@Conti
I read again. And I believe that the reason for the annoyance and sometimes rage of some commentators are the mutual blame assignments. We can not stop searching for culprits because there are guilty people, the crisis is not a natural event. What annoys me the most is that there is no checkout in the EU and the Eurozone, in which the Germans do not pay above-average. Nevertheless, it is constantly talking about profiting Germans who dominate .